Tuesday May 18, 2021, 10:00 am
MAY 2021 – California Employers are more than ever under pressure to ensure the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during this Covid-19 crisis. During this 4 hour webinar, we will help employers and employees reduce exposure by the thorough understanding of Cal/OSHA’s hierarchy of controls along with the proper use of PPE.
- Introduction to the Cal/OSHA requirements for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The Cal/OSHA requirements for worksite Hazard Assessments and PPE Certification forms
- Cal/OSHA training requirements for employers and employees
- Effective training techniques
- The different types of PPE:
- Eye and Face Protection
- Head Protection
- Hand Protection
- Foot Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- Body protection including chemical protective clothing
- Manager and an employee quiz
Participants must attend at least 90% of the course and pass a written exam to receive credit towards SCERC Workplace Safety and Health Professional Certificate.