What is a Industry Trade Association?
An industry trade association is a group of businesses that provides its members with services and benefits. Some of the benefits provided by cleaning industry trade associations include:
- Training for employees
- Marketing assistance
- Professional advice on products and procedures
- Networking opportunities for business owners and managers
- Access to financing resources for start-up or expansion needs
- Marketing support for events such as conferences or trade shows
What Does a Trade Association Do?
A trade association is a non-profit organization that represents the interests of its members. These organizations are made up of members who pay dues to support the association’s mission and goals.
The main purpose of an association is to provide value to its members by helping them work together towards common goals. An association can also help members find clients, gain access to new markets and introduce new technologies.
A cleaning industry trade association can help educate people about the benefits of cleaning services. Associations also organize conferences where people can learn more about their profession.
Trade associations usually have committees made up of volunteers who represent different areas. For example, there might be committees for management, marketing or benefits. These committees meet to discuss implementing new ideas and benefits to the association.
There are many benefits for businesses who join a trade association such as:
- Advocacy: Trade associations advocate on behalf of their members at local, state and national levels. They may lobby for legislation or regulations favorable to their industries.
- Education: Trade associations offer training and seminars on topics that affect your business. They also offer educational materials such as books and training videos.
- Networking: By joining a trade association, you have access to other businesses in your industry. The community can help you with questions or about getting started in the industry. You’ll also meet other professionals in your field who can become valuable contacts for referrals.
- Business Services: Some trade associations provide services such as insurance coverage, advertising and accounting services. These services are provided at group rates and would be more expensive if purchased individually by each member company.